Looking for Prosthetic Eye Polishing? Learn more by clicking here.
Lancaster Contact Lens, Inc is now part of Optometric Associates! We will be taking care of all patients from Lancaster Contact Lens, Inc at our office, including all specialty contact lens patients.
Dr. Jonathan Andrews is our in-house expert at treating & managing keratoconus patients, RGP patients, odd corneal disease patients and more.
We have received lots of questions, and we wanted to share with you answers to some commonly asked questions.
We look forward to seeing all of you for your future contact lens care.
HOW SHOULD I SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH DR JONATHAN ANDREWS?
- Call or text the office at (717) 354-2020 and inform our friendly reception team that you are a former Lancaster Contact Lens patient
- Schedule online using your personal health record on RevolutionPHR; select “Specialty/Advanced Contact Lens Consultation” from the dropdown
WILL YOU CLEAN AND POLISH LENSES IN YOUR OFFICE WHILE I WAIT?
- Yes, we will clean and polish lenses in our office during your appointment. Polishing charges are $30.00 for both lenses, both scleral and RGP.
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO MY RGP CONTACT LENS WHILE I WAIT?
- Yes, we will be able to change existing prescriptions on the lenses while you wait IF the prescription change can be made without ordering a new contact lens.
WILL YOU BE OFFERING DR. SIVIGLIAS PATENTED CONTACT LENS DESIGNS, MATERIALS, and SOLUTIONS?
- Yes, we are offering the proprietary contact lens designs from Dr. Siviglia using the same contact lens designs that were patented and materials you have come to know and love.
- We will be offering the same Sereine contact lens cleaning solutions for mail order or pickup from our office.
WILL YOU BE MANUFACTURING THE CONTACT LENSES AT YOUR OFFICE AS WELL?
- No. We will NOT be manufacturing contact lenses “in-house.”
- Dr. Siviglia has made arrangements for his patented lens technologies to be manufactured by one of our lab partners in Colorado.
- There will be absolutely NO changes in comfort or vision from using our of our lab partners for manufacturing rather than the “in-house” lab of Dr. Siviglia.
ARE YOU HONORING THE CONTACT LENS INSURANCE OF LANCASTER CONTACT LENS?
- No. We did not sell you the insurance policy. Nor did we sell you the contact lenses. Therefore we are not honoring any insurance that was sold through another office.
- Our practice is taking over patient care and unfortunately will not be taking over their insurance plan for their contact lenses.
WILL YOU BE FITTING ME IN CONTACT LENSES THE SAME DAY AS MY APPOINTMENT?
- Yes. For new patients to our office who require corneal lenses we will be fitting you in a contact lens the same day as your appointment.
- Depending on the availability of our stock lenses, you may or may not be available to go home with you that day.
- For more advanced fittings such as Eye Print Pro or Scleral Lenses, a diagnostic fit may be done on a different day.
HOW MUCH DOES THE EXAMINATION COST?
- The doctor will know what you need after your eye health examination. It is extremely challenging to quote a fee over the phone and therefore we advise against it.
- A complete exam with contact lenses starts at $175.00 but if you have medical insurance a large portion of that can be submitted to your medical insurance if you have a medical condition. Keratoconus is a medical condition along with many other corneal diseases.
- Contact lens pricing will be very similar to what you were used to before at Dr. Siviglia’s practice.
- New patient fittings can vary in price, but eye health examinations are $130.00 and fittings range from $150.00 to $2,000.00.
I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS, HOW CAN I HAVE THEM ANSWERED THOROUGHLY?
- An “e-consult” can be scheduled via zoom or over the phone with Dr. Jonathan Andrews. This “e-consult” can be billed to medical insurance if we are in network with the medical insurance. Otherwise we need a card to charge for the e-consult.
- Standard co-pays and deductibles apply. Prices are:
- 5-10 minutes = $22.00
- 11-20 minutes = $44.00
- 21-30 minutes = $65.00
- 31-45 minutes = $87.00
If the office is closed, our eye doctors are still on call 24/7 to help with eyecare & eye care emergencies.