Would you like to have a fun and rewarding work experience? One where you can:
Experience what it is like to work at a practice that is committed to exceptional service, fun, community involvement and giving.
Optometric Technician position available immediately in New Holland, PA. Experience preferred but willing to train the right person!
Qualities we are looking for:
- An interest in healthcare, optics is a plus
- Excellence in customer service
- Organizational skills
- A Team Player
- A dependable, positive attitude and friendly personality
General Responsibilities Include:
- Patient work-up
- Assist the doctor
- Special Testing
- Assist in answering phones
- Patient Education
- General Office Duties and Support
Complete job description available upon request. We are seeking the right individual who is looking for a long term position in a well-established, professional, growing practice. This is a career NOT just a job. If you possess these qualifications, we want YOU!! No weekend work requirements!
Facility: Optometric Associates 117 West Main Street New Holland PA 17557
Job Type: Part time (20 to 32 hours per week)
Optometric Associates of New Holland is a well-established, private optometric practice seeking a new optometrist. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team of dedicated professionals to deliver an outstanding patient experience. We have a 39-year history of continuous growth. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional communicator with a passion for service and love for interacting with people. The optometrist must be able to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork, communication skills, and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.
We are looking for personable, compassionate individuals who can bring a lot of positive attitude and personality traits to our office environment. Motivation is a key driving force, while striving for efficiency and perfection with every task or test performed.
Optometric Associates of New Holland is a family owned and operated primary eye care clinic in the heart of rural New Holland, Pennsylvania. Optometric Associates consistently delivers state-of-the-art eye care that is affordable to many different individuals.
We would like to make full use of your talents and capabilities with our challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We encourage our associates to provide ideas for improving the customer experience, work environment, productivity and overall success of the company.
PRACTICE IS NOT OPEN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 🙂
Optometric Associates is equipped with state-of-the-art optometric equipment to ensure delivery of the best eye care available in today’s market. The practice carries a wide selection of eyeglass frames, spectacle lens types, and contact lens options. In addition to offering high definition vision, our professional eye doctors perform ocular health examinations including detection and management of eye diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eye, binocular vision disorders, diabetic eye care, and much more.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO INCLUDE ALL JOB DUTIES. ASSOCIATES MAY BE REQUESTED TO PERFORM JOB RELATED TASKS OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFICALLY PRESENTED IN THIS DESCRIPTION.
Optometric Associates offers competitive wages and benefits package including a Simple IRA Plan, family vision care, and dental benefits.
Please forward Curriculum Vitae and any professional references.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Full scope optometry in a rural setting!
- Urgent eye care! Same day appointments for farming and manufacturing ocular injuries
- Prokera® amniotic membrane contact lens fittings
- Soft and custom ridged gas permeable contact lenses
- Management and treatments of advanced dry eye
- Meibomian gland expression, analysis, treatment (iLux®)
- Management of ocular surface disease
- Management of macular degeneration
- Management of glaucoma
- Comprehensive diabetic eye care
- Fundus photography analysis
- Humphrey visual field analysis
- Keratograph Topography analysis
- LASIK/PRK consultations and laser calculation
- Cirrus OCTa 5000 analysis
- Anterior segment photography
- InfantSEE eye examination
- Pediatric eye exams
- Amblyopia management
- Scleral contact lens designs and fittings
OTHER DUTIES AND PATIENT PROCESSING:
- Occasional patient outreach programs 2-3 times per year (free community eye screenings, retirement home visits, open house at practice)
- Maintains office appearance and safety protocols.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office, and ensures that the area is clean, organized, and professional looking.
- Takes pride in self appearance and hygiene to maintain professionalism throughout the work environment. • Informs ownership of potential safety opportunities, i.e. broken tiles, furniture, etc.
- Quickly responds to changes with in-office promotions with appropriate staff communications, graphics, and point of purchase materials.
- Proficiency in understanding insurance billing basics.