Dr. Jonathan Andrews is a Pennsylvania native and alumnus of both Indiana University of Pennsylvania and The Ohio State University. The son of Dr. Wolfram Andrews, an Optometrist in Lancaster County, PA, Dr. Jonathan Andrews grew up on a small property in rural New Holland, PA. He spent much of his early life shadowing his father and learning the building blocks of optometry.
Upon graduating from Garden Spot High School he attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania. After receiving his Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics with minors in Chemistry and Physics, he was accepted to The Ohio State University College of Optometry.
During his professional collegiate career at The Ohio State University, he spent his final year of training under nationally renowned eye doctors at locations in central and northern Ohio, Kentucky, Vermont, and Pennsylvania. This included a three month rotation with the Department of Veteran Affairs Medical Center in White River Junction, Vermont, and a three month rotation with Commonwealth Eye Surgery in Lexington, Kentucky.
Dr. Andrews returned to New Holland to join his father in practice, incorporating the passion for helping others instilled by his father, using the experience and expertise he acquired from training with premier optometric and medical doctors.
Dr. Jonathan Andrews has extensive training in disease management such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, dry eye, and diabetic eye care, among a number of other eye diseases. He has a special interest in the management of dry eye and glaucoma, and saving what useful vision a patient might have. He also has extensive training with LASIK and cataract co-management, binocular vision disorders, as well as expertise in fitting difficult contact lenses such as rigid gas-permeable lenses (RGP), scleral contact lenses, and Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) lenses.
Dr. Jonathan Andrews is certified in many brands specialty lines of specialty contact lenses for irregular astigmatism, keratoconus, myopia management, and ocular disease disorders including:
- Paragon Corneal Refractive Therapy lenses
- WAVE Corneal Refractive Therapy lenses
- Novakone keratoconic contact lenses
- Rose K keratoconic contact lenses
- Custom Stable and Custom Stable Elite Scleral contact lenses
- ZenLens scleral contact lenses
- Eye Print Pro Prosthetic custom contact lenses
- Eye Fit Pro Prosthetic custom contact lenses
- Scan Fit Pro custom scleral contact lenses
- MiSight myopia management contact lenses
- Natural Vue myopia management contact lenses
Dr. Andrews enjoys working with patients one on one in a clinical setting and chatting about his favorite sports teams, outdoor adventures, and experiences.
He attends continuing medical and optometric education conferences and workshops throughout the year so he can continue to provide patients with state-of-the art eye care.
Professional: The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus, Ohio
Degree: Doctor of Optometry
Date of Graduation: May 2014
Undergraduate: Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pennsylvania
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Date of Graduation: May 2010
High School: Garden Spot High School, New Holland, Pennsylvania
Date of Graduation: June 2006
- NBEO Part I, applied basic science (March 2013)
- NBEO Part II, patient assessment and management, Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease (TMOD) (November 2013)
- NBEO Part III, clinical skills (December 2013)
- NBEO Injections Skills Exam (ISE) (December 2013)
- State of Pennsylvania Licensure, Therapeutics and Glaucoma (2014)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (October 2020)
HONORS, AND AWARDS
- President, Class of 2014, College of Optometry (2014)
- Ohio State Scholarship in Optometry (2010-2011)
- Cum Laude Graduate of Indiana University of Pennsylvania (2010)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Dean’s List (2009)
- International Keratoconus Academy (2021 - Current)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (2020 - Current)
- American Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-present)
- Pennsylvania Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-present)
- Fellowship of Christian Optometrists – Member at large (2010-present)
- American Diabetes Association – Member at large (2016-present)
- Ohio Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-2014)
International Keratoconus Academy (2021 - Current)Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (2020 - Current) American Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-present)Pennsylvania Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-present)Fellowship of Christian Optometrists – Member at large (2010-present)American Diabetes Association – Member at large (2016-2019)Ohio Optometric Association – Member at large (2010-2014)Remove American academy of optometry fellowship candidate. Under professional accreditation can you add on to the list:Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (October 2020)
Dr. Andrews frequently donates to various charities, and has participated in numerous health fairs in hopes of educating the public on common eye problems and diseases.
In his spare time, Dr. Jonathan Andrews enjoys spending time with his friends and family. He has an avid passion for traveling, fitness, sports, and being an outdoorsman.