Dr. Kathryn Andrews developed her passion for children while working at her family's preschool at the age of 16. Dr. Kathryn (Katie) Andrews has extensive training in the management of conditions in pediatric patients such as strabismus, amblyopia, and medically necessary contact lenses in infants and pediatric patients. She also enjoys caring for adults with double vision, patients with neurological conditions, and individuals with disabilities. Dr. Katie has been voted “Best pediatric optometrist” by the Lancaster Newspaper Reader’s Choice Awards in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Dr. Katie Andrews graduated with honors from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, NY with a bachelor's degree in biomedical science. She completed her optometric training at the New England College of Optometry in Boston where she was a member of the Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honors Society. During her educational career she received numerous clinical awards and honors.
After receiving her Doctor of Optometry degree, Dr. Katie went on to complete a residency in pediatric optometry through the New England College of Optometry. During her pediatric residency she saw patients in multiple clinical locations including Tufts Medical Center, Perkins School for the Blind and various other health centers throughout the city of Boston.
Dr. Katie is a member of the American Optometric Association, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, and a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry. She has served on an international mission trip to provide free eye care to patients in the Dominican Republic with VOSH (Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity) and hopes to continue to offer her time and knowledge to this honorable cause. Dr. Katie is a board member of the Medan Initiative, a local organization with the mission to provide sustainable medical care to the poorest and most vulnerable children through partnerships with schools and organizations in Ethiopia.
In her spare time Dr. Katie enjoys spending time with her family, her husband, Dr. Jonathan Andrews, and their son, William. She also enjoys playing soccer, snowboarding, and cooking. Dr. Katie and Dr. Jon enjoy spending time outdoors and at the beach with their Saint Bernard, Sully. A fun fact about Dr. K. Andrews: she was a division one soccer player at her undergraduate institution.
Residency: New England College of Optometry, Tufts Medical Center, Boston Massachusetts - Pediatric Optometry
Professional: New England College of Optometry, Boston, Massachusetts
- Degree: Doctor of Optometry
- Date of Graduation: May 2016
Undergraduate: Marist College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Degree: Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Science, Magna Cum Laude
- Date of Graduation: May 2012
High School: North Hunterdon High School, Annandale, New Jersey
- Date of Graduation: June 2008
- NBEO Part I, applied basic science (March 2015)
- NBEO Part II, patient assessment and management, Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease (TMOD) (December 2015)
- NBEO Part III, clinical skills (December 2015)
- NBEO Injections Skills Exam (ISE) (December 2015)
- State of Pennsylvania Licensure, Therapeutics and Glaucoma (2017)
HONORS, AND AWARDS
- DID YOU KNOW? Dr Kathryn has won "Best Pediatric Optometrist" for 4 Consecutive Years in a Row in Lancaster Newspaper (Campus Eye Center) (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Knights of Templar Eye Foundation ARVO Travel Grant (2017)
- Ira Schwartz Behavioral Vision Award (2016)
- Member of Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society (2015-2016)
- Beider Moral Obligation Scholarship (2015)
- AOF and VSP Practice Excellence Scholarship (2015)
- NECO Alumni Scholarship (2015)
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Marist College (2012)
- Marist College Presidential Scholarship (2008-2012)
- Marist College Dean’s List, and Dean’s Circle Member (2008-2012)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry (2017-present)
- American Optometric Association – Member at large (2012-present)
- Pennsylvania Optometric Association – Member at large (2017-present)
- Lancaster County Optometric Society - Member at large (2017-present)
- Massachusetts Optometric Association – Member at large (2012-2016)